Monday, October 25, 2010

October

Geez. We've been super busy lately but I find my self stumped on what to blog about. Maybe we're losers after all. Anyways. My sister-in-law Shaylee and her husband Bryce offered to watch Drake for us this past weekend so that CJ and I could go on the deer hunt. I'm the one with the tag but CJ has never been on this deer hunt with me. Two years ago when I drew this tag CJ stayed home with Drake and I just drove down with my family. But, this year CJ insisted that he be a part of it. I got a 3 by 4 deer, my uncle got a huge 2 point, my mom got a really big and old 3 point and my sister Jen (who was not camped with us but hunted in the same unit) got a really nice 4 point. My dad still has a tag and he will continue to hunt. I'm glad that I got a deer, CJ and I were running out of steaks. I have pictures but I'll post them, along with the hunt story in a couple days.

My sister Jess thinks it's funny to draw on Drake's stomach, and well, so does Drake.




While we were hunting Shaylee and Bryce carved and painted Pumpkins with Drake. Here are some cute pictures they sent us of the fun they were having.





Shaylee was telling me that while they were carving and painting their pumpkins, Drake kept saying "This is hard work guys, this is hard work" LOL

Meanwhile, CJ and I still have NO idea what we are going to be for Halloween. Goll, I don't even know what Drake is going to be. I'm a last minute shopper and I'll be going our tomorrow to get him a costume. I know, I'm bad.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the deer! Pictures! I want pictures!

    And that Drake is a cutie patootie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok that smiley face on the tummy picture cracks me right up. i am so glad that we were able to see it in person and i bet everybody else sitting at texas roadhouse was glad they got to see it too. :) that was HILARIOUS!!! what a cute little boy.
    i thought Drake was going to be a dinosaur for halloween??

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was going to be a dino until we realized that he doesn't fit into any of the cute one's becuase he's such a big kid. LOl so now we're on the hunt again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute! Congrats on your deer I cant wait to see pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Amanda that was so funny when he lifted his shirt up at Texas Road house and had that on his stomach!!! He is so dang cute Madalyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the smiley face on his stomach was funny too, but Mad and CJ don't like it so I won't do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY I can totally picture him saying this is hard work guys!!! That pic with the pumpkin is just the cutest pic ever!! He is do dang excited!!

    ReplyDelete