So It's officially HUNTING SEASON! Something that is cherished in our home. Actually, before I got married I used to think that men only hunted during the Fall, which is hunting season, then I met CJ and he changed my belief. There is no such thing as a hunting season around our house, why you ask? Because it's ALWAYS hunting season! Deer hunt, bear hunt, getting ready to bait the bear for the bear hunt, elk tag, sighting in the gun and bow, dove hunt, duck hunting season, ice fishing, fishing, chuckers hunts, pheasant hunts. Hummmmm, am I missing another one? That's right, we also have the annual Coyote derby, oh and all the STUPID hunting shows that we just have to watch. (Really long side not: Have you ever watched one of these shows? The guys whisper even after they've made the shot, now I get why they do that because once upon a time I used to be able to go hunting. But CJ will be watching one of these shows and he'll whisper in the freaking living room of our home while he watches it. It is pretty funny, but it gets old. I've called him while I was at work to just say hi to Drake and CJ will whisper on the flippin phone. He's weird I know!) Also, don't forget the cost of all this. I'm the one left at home budgeting all this out. I used to go hunting with CJ but now I'm the one at home caring for our little guy. It bugs me when CJ asks "Why don't you ever come hunting with me anymore?" I really wish I could go more often with him, but Drake needs my attention right now. However this year I drew a general deer tag so I'll be going hunting while CJ stays home with Drake. MUAH HA HA HA HA! This will be great for him to get a taste of his own medicine. CJ's mom, Angie, thinks I'm nuts for putting up with his crazy ways lol. My sisters think I'm crazy too. I should probably put my foot down when he asks to go do whatever it is that he does, but honestly, I'm happy that he has a healthy hobby. I don't care if he goes as long as he takes care of me while he's home. And he does, some days could be better but no one is perfect. He does laundry and dishes and takes the trash out. Sometimes I even get a meal out of him (he's a great cook). He also changes diapers and tucks our little guy in bed every night with me and helps Drake say his prayers too. I'll be looking forward to the day when Drake is big enough that CJ will take him hunting. Maybe when we have our next child I can have a Little girl so that someone in this house will get excited about scrapbooking with me!
my husband is just now getting interested in hunting. he wasn't raised doing it. out here we even have squirrel season (limit 12 per day). ha ha. i think that it's just a guy thing to be obsessed with whatever their interests are. hunting can be time consuming, but at least there isn't any time or money for a girlfriend, right?:)
ReplyDeletehave fun with your hunt! milk that for all it's worth!
a deer tag whooo hooo!! :) Hope you get a big one! I drew antelope, and can't wait!
ReplyDeleterealy??? Is CJ going to stay home for your deer hunt??? I just don't see that happening. If I am around I think I may go hang out with the fam while you guys hunt if you want bring Drake camping and I will watch him while you guys hunt...that is if I can make it.
ReplyDeletegeez i know how it is!! the hunts are on and the boys are hittin' the ground runnin'!! not to mention how expensive this time of year is!
ReplyDeleteYou should go into writing.
ReplyDelete